Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Work Blues

Work Blues

As I sit in my prison and look out the bars
I dream about hot bikes and fast fancy cars
I dream about days when I danced in the sun
And replaced my worries with cold coke and rum
I dreamed about times on hikkaduwa beach
Far away from it all completely out of reach
I dreamed about rolling really strong smurf
As I watched young adventurers tackle the surf
I dream about days on a cold mountain top
A superb excuse for indulging in grog
I dream about languidly laying on hill
And feeling the early evening high altitude chill

The suddenly I remember and it brings me down
The fact that I’m dreaming and still in the town
Traffic below me screams with a horrendous roar
Through walls windows and under the doors
I rush and I rant, go completely insane
I’m tired of this rat race can’t stand the game
I try to retract to my make believe world
When I was dreaming of pina coladas and sun tan covered girls.

Sigh!!!!

Nigel J

No comments: