Saturday, May 13, 2006

V for very bloody good.


So, it's been three months since I got myself hooked up to Cable Tv and I've been lying in bed like a junkie with an IV plugged in watching sitcom after sitcom. Who knew technology was so addictive, 16 channels, remote control and 24 hour entertainment!!! our parents thought it would be a phase we'd grow out off...... fools. But amazingly enough it took a religious holiday for my faith to be renewed and a desperate break to partial freedom. It was on THE MAIN VESAK DAY I decided to take a ride in the late morning to see what the world was doing, forget the world, I saw the Video Shop and at that moment, the monks started chanting, mosque broke out in friday prayer through the loudspeakers and a dove flew into my helmet, it was at that moment I saw the OPEN sign, followed by the thought "there is a god", so I rushed in and selected 2 movies (as per budget and best copies) DOOM and V for Vendetta. Since this is a blog I will rant further on to say I went home with coke, ciggerettes, and chips, rolled some smurf and sat down to watch DOOM....*note: DOOM and I go way back....I loved computers in my childhood and I played alot of games and then I played aloooooot of DOOM, so curiosity got the best of me. Needless to say, it was a shit film and no man has ever taken more pride in saying the word FUCK other the The Rock in this movie, only 4 times but so memorable. Moving on, V for Vendetta is a 2 hour masterpiece, crafted by the loving hands of The Wachowski Brothers, debut direction by James McTeigue and produced by Joel Silver. Set in modern day England it's the classic tale of a hero, fighting for the opressed against a despotic madman, Z for Zorro and V for well... V. The hero V is crispy cool and so sophisticated he spends most of his time alone, (worse than Batman...no butler). V cunningly weaves a plot of deception and destruction to urge the citizens of England into a revolution against the baddie who is the High Chancellor of the Nation who turns out to be a paranoid fruit loop right down to the glass of milk. In the process of weaving and vandelism he meets this hottie played by Natalie Portman, who in one scene is dressed so angelic it's not even fit for the clergy. Crash boom bang, action in just the right proportions, mind twists, fanatstic dialog, fantastic direction and produced by someone only fit to be from the Matrix team. Watch this movie now!!!!!! And look out for the "FINGER MEN"

No comments: